Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Inspiration



Well, I've been blogging now for just over a full month, and am so amazed at the inspriation available from the many different blogs I have found. I'm also amazed at the amount of visitors I have had to my blog. I thought I just be sitting here typing to myself and the few girls I know, who would visit to be nice, but I'm pretty sure they don't visit that often! LOL!


Although I simply love all the blogs I've been visiting, there are a couple that I find myself drawn to. These cards were inspired from two of my favorite blogs. The smile card was inspired from the works of Beatriz. Her blog is one of my all time favorites! It's called iralamija, and you can find the link in my blog list ( sorry I have no idea how to link it here). Her use of scallops, flowers, and bows, just continually keeps me in awe. As you can see, I've tried them all on this card, the scallops, woven ribbon, bow and flower, maybe it's too much for one card because I'm not happy with the way it turned out. There is just no way to capture her elegance! Keep up the great work Beatriz.


The enjoy card was inspired by Daniela's Blog, For the First Time (again you can find it in my blog list). About a week ago I posted a card made for my secret sister using one of the Rhonna Ferrar FLourishes. As I said in my post, it was inspired by a card I saw in the CARDS Mag. Well while visiting Daniela's Blog, I discovered it was her card, which only makes sense as I love her work! Anyway this card is another take using that same flourish. And even though I am happy with this card, it still can't compare to the work of this talented lady, I only hope time and practice can improve my techniques! Lovin' it Daniela

1 comment:

Lee said...

I have to agree with you Selena, it is so amazing the inspiration we get from each other's blogs. I am loving this so much. I thought what you did, that no one would come to visit, I'd be talking to myself.

I like both of your cards, the flourish one is my favorite. Not that I don't like the other one, but the flourish caught my eye right away.