Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Out of my comfort zone!


Last night I got an idea to try a card with really big corners, (if you look at the picture of the card I made you'll know what I'm talking about) so..... I sat down picked out my PP's (Fancy Pants - Kewel Line), made my corner, found some ribbon I thought would be nice ....then nothing....... so I gave up an went to bed.

Then as I was laying there reading (becuase I just can't fall asleep unless I read till my eyes shut on their own), I though of this piece of Pink Creative imaginations Paper I had, and how Amy Westerman, on her blog Heartfelt Greetings (one of my favorites I might add) would easily be able to make this work and look fantastic!She does amazing work of combining bold/different prints and colors!

Well, I tried! Here is my end result. I don't exactly dislike it (and maybe I should?) but I'm not exactly "happy" with it either! I think it's definately Lacking somwhere! But then if we don't try we never move on, right? Just thought I'd share!
The Love Stamp is another from Skipping Stones Designs.

6 comments:

Debby said...

I think it's really nice!!!

Pat said...

I like how you pulled it together with the ribbon. Great card.

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

OMG! this is so beautiful!!! TFS!! :)

Heather P. said...

Oooh, I really like this!! You did an awesome job! :)

Anonymous said...

What a nice card!

Barbara said...

I have only done the big corners once and I love it when I did, must remember to try it again. Great card Selena.