Saturday, July 21, 2007

Friday Night Fun!


I guess I must have been totally "scrapped out" from last weekend, as I didn't even look at, or unpack, my scrapping supplies until last night!

Berg has a birthday party today so I had to come up with a card for a litttle boy, who will be 6. Now, I must admit that I'm no good with " boy" cards and almost bought one while shopping for his gift, but I found myself saying to myself, "NO! you can do this!" So I did! This card is actually one I started a while ago, and ended up not liking, so, I tore it apart and started over and I'm pleased with the end resut!

Now, I'm not sure how most people come up with the cards they make? Myself, I just tend to sit down, pick different things up, and play around until something I like starts to form. Every once in a while though an idea will come to me and I'll try to see if I can make it work. So yesterday, while reading ( yes, I know, I don't understand my mind either!) I had a thought for a card using varying points, kinda like scallops, but with points, and thought I'll have to play with that tonight. Then, the more I thought about it, I thought it might me nice to throw some lacing into the mix. So, I played around with it, and am pleased with how it turned out! The PP is from my K&Co. mat pack and I used red ribon to try and pick up on the tiny red dots in the PP.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute cards!~

Heather P. said...

These are so cute... Love that lacing!

Heather P. said...

Selena... Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you as a "Rockin' girl blogger"... Please check my blog for the deets. :)

Debby said...

Great looking cards Selena!

Pearl said...

wow lovely card creations you have !

Lee said...

Selena, good for you that you can come up with your own designs, my mind gets so blank, I need to borrow things from other people's cards. I like your boy birthday card, it came out real nice. I am in love with your sewing. I look forward to seeing your blog to see what you've come up with.

Alhambra Club said...

These are too cute, love the lacing on the card.