Monday, July 30, 2007

Do-over

Thought I'd share this with you today.


Last Christmas, when I was just getting started in scrapping, my Dad was sitting and watching me put together a paper bag album, he was shaking his head, laughing, and saying " I just don't get it" ......this from a man who collects stamps and could spend hours examining and sorting them!!! LOL.


Anyway, I decided I had to put together something something special just for him. I asked Mom to locate the envelope he kept with his father's photo and ID tags from WWII. I managed to put together, and frame, the following layout for him:


Well he like it very much, and actually asked me I I could take it apart to add in Grampy's medals, that he had hidden away somewhere else. I finally got around to finishing it up last night, and below is the end result.

I had to attach it to cardboard, as those metals are just too heavy for cardstock. He will now build a shadow box for it. The envelope in the pocket is from an actual letter Grampy sent while he was overseas the post mark and stamp are in perfect condition, oh yeah...Dad also collects postmarks????


I hope everyone had a great weekend, we had lots of fun! We did get our new computer, but haven't got it on the internet yet, or any of our files transferred. I can't wait though! I had to log into blogger 5 times just to get this posted! Ughhhhhhhhh!

Have a great day all! TFL







8 comments:

Crafty in Calgary said...

Selena- Very nicely done!! TFS!

Crafty in Calgary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mum-on-the-run said...

Beautiful work!

Barbara said...

Oh, how sweet, I am sure he thinks it is the greatest. congrats on your win also at Debbie and Gil's.

Lisa said...

Beautiful Selena, your father will surley get it now!!! What a wonderful tribute to your grandfather.

BTW, what did you win at Debbie's??

Debby said...

Great Job Selena!!!Love your pockets.

Debbie G said...

Looks great Selena!! Peter will cherish it for sure!!

Lee said...

Selena, these deserve to be in a frame. What a great job you did. Your talent is obvious, I would never know you've only been doing this for a year. I think your great!