Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Good morning!

It seems to be a very overcast here this morning, but the kids and I are hoping it will burn off soon, as we're supposed to go to the beach today!

We had another milestone here this weekend ! DD Abbey learnd to pump! This is a huge thing for her as Berg finally mastered pumping a couple of months ago, and now she has too! The smiles now when she gets on that swing are out of this world, it's an amazing thing to get to watch your child accomplish such things, you can almost feel their pride! I love it!

This card started out as playing around with the foam stamps I received in my prize package from Scraplovers. I used a cream card stock and my distressing inks....I am so NOT a colored ink person. The heart is a shared item from my MIL. She received some in an RAK and was kind enough to give me a couple! Thanks Debbie! I just added the color wire to decorate it, and then stamped "HI" on it.


Now this card..... I love how this turned out and I think it's one of my favorites. After making the card above, I had my wire out (which I have not touched since I bought it) and tried to make a flower. Well, after some moving and bending, the shape sort of started to look like butterfly wings, so I went with it! I did some tweeking, added the body (an oval chipboard button) and attached the two together with ribbon. The sentiment, (heat embossed in silver) seemed fitting, except that I have yet to master Alpha stamps, so some of the letters are a bit off, but hey, it adds character, right?

I must sign off now, the kids are getting restless, and if it doesn't clear off we'll atleast get to visit with my sister and neice. I realized that we haven't been to her house since we painted it in February while she was in the hospital! UH! How bad is that?

TTFN






11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute cards!

Heather P. said...

These cards are great! Love that wire around the heart on the first card... Really great touch! :)

Lisa said...

Beautiful cards Selena, love your butterfly, very neat. I do hope you made it to the beach today, or at least to your sisters. Yaayyy Abbey, way to go!!!

mum-on-the-run said...

Beautiful cards!!

Love your wire work

Lee said...

The cards are charming for sure and that picture on the swing is priceless, the smile of a little child.

Anonymous said...

My son just learned to pump too. How proud kids are when they learn these things.
I too love the second card. The wire and ribbon are great!

Alhambra Club said...

These cards are adorable.

Michele Kovack said...

Both are beautiful!

Karen said...

Cute cards. Love your blog

Barbara said...

Isn't she just the cutest thing on the swing.

Elaine said...

Selena,
I knew when I saw her swinging last week that it wouldn't be long!! Have fun at the beach.. wish I could be there with you!!