Monday, August 13, 2007

WoW! What a busy....

couple of days we've had. Friday I took the kids on our annual trek to the waterfalls in Victoria Park. It's so beautiful there, and it's one of the kids favorite places to go. The park is located in a long deep gorge, and at the end is a very high 2 level water fall. There are lots of shaded walking paths, and a great play ground complete with a series of water sprinklers! We always take a picnic, walk to the falls and back, and then head to the play ground to end off the trip! Great fun! Here are the Berg and Abbey sitting on a rock in front of the upper Falls! Saturday, we headed out to my sisters, for my nieces 2nd birthday. Here is Mya, the birthday girl, licking her lips after swiping a hand full of icing from her Dora cake!
Sunday was the annual family picnic for Daren's work. They have a ring toss tournament for the adults, a bouncy tent, face painting, balloon animals and lots of games, prizes, and candy for the kids! Bergen and Abbey both got their faces painted....Bergen actually sat for over an hour to get this spiderman look, not sure if you can see Abbey's heart in this picture!
Saturday and Sunday night we actually spend at the in-laws house and I got time to make a few cards while I was there! This first one is another one of Carla's sketches. It's not exactly the same, but I kind of adapted it and it incorporates many of the elements from her sketch.
This one I made just playing aroundlast night using up some of Debbie's scraps! I love going through her scrap box. I think I could scrap off just her scraps! I did make one other card, but the picture seems to have disappeared? I will save that for a post tomorrow!
Well I hope you all had as wonderful a weekend as we did!
Abbey had requested that we mop the floor this afternoon? I didn't think it was that bad! But I'm game if she is so I must sign off now!


Still keeping fingers crossed about my job interview, I should hear something back this week!


TFL!

8 comments:

Debbie G said...

Those are great pictures Selena and as I said when you were here and of course your cards are terrific too!! I had fun this weekend doing this.

~Carla~ said...

Looks like you've been enjoying your days!! :) Love your take on my sketch!!! Beautiful!

Heather P. said...

Your kids are too cute!! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time! :)

Alhambra Club said...

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend, your cards are great, good luck with the job interview.

Kristine said...

cutie patooties!! :) Sounds like it's a very beautiful place to visit. What a nice family outing!! TFS ;)

Anonymous said...

Great cards, and I love the pic's tfs!

Debby said...

sounds like a lot of fun.Love your cards!!

Crafty in Calgary said...

Wonderful pics! Keeping my fingers crossed about the job news!!