Friday, September 7, 2007

Ramblings


Hi all!

Well I babysat yesterday, so I managed quite a bit in the scrapping dept. I find it amazing how one new kid in the house can occupy the others for an entire day! Anyway, I set out to make Alicia's sheetload of cards yesterday, but that didn't happen. I have a very diffucult time doing masculine cards, a few months ago I won a Cosmo cricket prize pkg. from Scraplovers and some of the PP's in the pkg. were, what I thought, wonderful masculine PP's. When I saw Alicia's great sheetload for this month, I though, great, I'll use up these PP's and have a bit of a stash of masculine cards. I went and cut out all the pieces, but when I went to put them together, it just wasn't working for me.....nothing to do with the the pattern, everyone else's (Lisa's, Lee's, Alicia's) looked fantastic, which is why I wanted to give this a try, but I just gcouldn't get it together? Must have been the PP's, I don't know? Anyhow, here I had all these little pieces....what am I to do with them? Well, I played around and came up with something that worked for me (still have a lot of pieces to put more together) and using the die cut pieces that came with the PP's, here is what I have started putting together. What do ya think? There are a couple that I would consider more feminine, but that's good to! Thanks for the inspiration Alicia, I'll have to try again with some different PP's and see if I can get some cards made using your pattern!

In other news Berg's now back in school! Second year in school and we have yet to actually catch the bus on the first day! LOL. Last year, no one could tell me what time the bus would be coming by the house? We waited 1/2 an hour assumed we'd missed it, and I drove him. We hadn't waited long enough. This year the school changed it's hours. We were told to be at the bus stop 1/2 and hour earlier, we opted for 40 mins. early (to be on the safe side) we still missed it! Anyway, we didn't miss it by much because it came at 7:50 this morning, which is about the time we were going out the back door yesterday morning! We're on track now!

Just had DD to the Doctor this morning, She's had this terrible croupy cough now for about a month (Had to wait 2 wks to get into the doctor, as back to school time is busy with all the vacinations etc...) Medicine and her cool humidifier help, but it just wasn't going away. Her chest is so congested and full, she's now on antibiotics and a steroid inhailer, if it's still congested next week when we go back she's going to have to have chest x-rays to make sure that it's nothing more serious!
Well thanks for listen to all my ramblings! sometimes a gal just needs to chat!

Have a good one! TFL

6 comments:

Heather P. said...

Sounds like you've been busy! Glad to hear that all is well! :)

These cards are great! Love the tilted images. :)

I hope your daughter feels better SOON!

Lisa said...

Holy crap girl!! You've been busy!! Isn't it great when school goes back in! I just wish I could be home this year to enjoy it too!! What lousy timing for me to go back to school. I shoulda waited til next year, LOL!!

Hope Abbey is better soon, that cough can make them sound so much worse than they really are!!

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Selena,
I am glad I could inspire you. :)
I have to admit I had a hard time finding the right PPs for my latest SheetLoad.
Alicia

Dawn Wheeler said...

lovely cards ,hope your girl is better soon ,Dawnx

Debbie G said...

Wow Selena, You sure got alot done. I am still puttering along. I had stary my pickles today so didn't have alot of time here.

Barbara said...

Funny about the bus, although I guess it isn't so funny to you. Hope your daughter is OK, gee wiz you had to wait 2 weeks.

I think the masculine cards are realy nice add a stamp or image and you are done and ready for the Manly card send.

Have a good week.