Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!!!






Happy New Year to all you fellow Bloggers out there! I've been missing you, but life is busy now with working full time again.




We had a wonderful Christmas at our house this year. Both sets of parents and my Grandmother joined us for Christmas dinner. The best part was, because we had thought we had sold the house back in September, I had gotten a lot of packing done....... then when I went to get out those rarely used items......such as wine glasses, and the turkey platter, they were all packed and in Debbie's basement!!!! Sooooo, we drink wine from beer glasses and the turkey was served on a cookie sheet covered in tin foil......classy!!!! But we were all Happy, together, and in good health so what else matters!!!!!




Sorry for the poor picture quality here, but this is the best I can do at night, and it was not an easy subject to get a picture of anyway. This is a card I've done for a swap. I started it in Sept/Oct but never got around to finishing it. I wanted to do something different for the recipiant and thought this would be perfect so I dug it out tonight and finished it!




It's inspired by the circle cards, but the base is a clear CD/DVD (DH gets them in the large pkgs. he buys, they are protectors for the CD's in the bottom of the pkg). I stamped the CD in Permanent ink, then made the center "mini card" with punched scallops (they are joined by an eyelet on the side by the bow, and the top of the "card" rotates to open it. I also adhered another scallop on the back side of the CD to hide the hole and the edges of my stamping. Then just embellished and stamped the sentiment I wanted. I hope the recipiant likes it!!!!




6 comments:

Elaine said...

What a great idea, Selena!!
this is a truly unique card.. Love it!!

Lisa said...

Selena, that is beautiful. What a creative idea. I miss seeing your blog posts, hope the new job is going well!!!

Pat said...

Wow Selena..what a great idea. Happy New Year.

Barbara said...

Happy New Year Selena, what a fabulous idea. It really reminds me of the clear acrylic albums that are so popular now. So wonderful and clever.

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Debbie G said...

I loved it Selena!!! It is so cool!!