Thursday, January 24, 2008

Just play....

OK .....So ...... I accidently deleted this first card when trying to do the links in the last paragraph and ........ of course I can't control where it goes once I upload after I've already written my thing ..... and I'm really tired and want to go to bed even thought it's only 10 o'clock........ so the info and history behind this first card are found near the end of this post, and the first card and beginning of this entire post is actually following this card....... clear as mud right?

....that is what I had some time to do this past weekend, and boy did it feel good. I was at my DMIL's and as always she was kind enough to share her supplies with me! I had a lot of fun playing with some of her stamp sets. I didn't note who's sets they were though. This first card had a lot of flourishes,which, if you visit often, you know I love, and what appeared to me to be flower petals (not sure that that's what they're meant to be) but this is what I came up with. This next card is, of course, a criss cross card. I've been wanting to make one for a while and just had to add some scallops (another favorite of mine) down the edges. Used BG, naturally, on this one. Also added a pearl brad to finish off the strip across the card, love this, thanks for sharing Deb!!!
And for winning a post challenge on the PCA message board, this last card (now the first card....LOL ) I received as part of an RAK from my friend Lee. With a fantastic layout, BG PP's, and Lumier paint on the chipboard monogram (which adds such a great shimmer) how could this card be anything but gorgeous????? Along with the card she sent me a pkg of stampendous clear sentiment stamps. Thanks so much Lee, you are a very generous lady!!!


I just want to add that although I've been crazy busy lately, I still have been checking out everyone's blogs regularly, just not commenting. Everyone's work is just such an inspiration, keep up the good work everyone!

7 comments:

mnhyrkas said...

love your just because card. add one more "petal" and you've got yourself a fabulous butterfly. Do you see it?

Elaine said...

I love the heart card too. great idea to use the flourishes on the hearts..love them all in fact.. you do good work!!

Selena said...

Adelle,

Good call!!! I do see it now that you've pointed it out, I'll have to give it a try next time I'm at Debbie's. Thanks for the idea!

Lisa said...

Beautiful Selena, I love the flower petal card too, what a great idea!! So glad to see you posting. Hope the new job is going well.

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Selena,
I am loving that criss-cross card!! Thanks for the inspiration.
alicia

Barbara said...

Beautiful cards.

Starr said...

This is just beautiful! Especially love the top one!